Dog walkers in San Francisco are frightened and shocked by someone putting out poisoned meatballs, apparently with intent to poison dogs. This morning’s finds come from San Francisco’s Sunset District. Police have collected the meatballs and report they have pills lodged inside.
In February, two dogs in the Twin Peaks neighborhood found and ate poisoned meatballs, and last summer hundreds of treats laced with strychnine were found between Diamond Heights and Twin Peaks. Those make many dogs severely ill and killed at least one.
The meatballs have been found hidden in places like the underbrush where dogs are likely to find them before the owners realize what is going on.
There are several rewards offered by various organizations to find the person responsible. Anyone with information should call the San Francisco police.