- The Greyhound is the fastest dog on Earth, and can run 45 miles per hour.
- 45 is also the percentage of US dogs who sleep in their owner’s bed.
- The world’s oldest known dog was an Australian cattle dog who lived to the age of 29 years and 5 months.
- Dalmatians are born white and develop their spots as they grow.
- Three dogs survived the sinking of the Titanic; two Pomeranians and one Pekingese.
- The Pekingese was very important in ancient China. The emperor’s last line of defense was a small Pekingese hidden in his sleeve.
- The smallest dog in the world – according to the Guinness book of world records – was a Yorkshire Terrier who at the age of 2 weighed only 4 ounces.
- 70% of Americans sign their pet’s name on greeting cards.
- Hyenas aren’t dogs. They’re more closely related to cats.
- Spiked dog collars were invented in ancient Greece as a means to protect dogs’ throats from attacks.
The Best Pet DoorMost pets hate flap doors! PlexiDor Pet Doors are long-lasting and beloved alternatives.
They have hinges, like a door, so there's no loud flap slap or flexible materials. They lock easily, and most models come with a steel security plate for additional security when you are away.
Need help finding the right door?