There are peculiar laws of many kinds across the USA. Many state laws are really old and were never updated. Allegedly, Florida women who are single, divorced, or widowed cannot parachute on Sunday afternoons. Also allegedly, Hartford Connecticut deems it illegal to educate a dog. That one seems impractical. Another funny rule that allegedly exists says donkeys in Arizona may not sleep in bathtubs.
Cats clearly deem themselves above all laws, but what does the legal system say about them?
- In French Lick Springs, Indiana, black cats need to wear bells on Friday the 13th.
- Reed City, Michigan says you cannot keep a pet cat and a pet bird in the same house.
- In International Fall, Minnesota, cats are not allowed to chase dogs up telephone poles. Interesting. Do Minnesota dogs in general climb telephone poles?
- Staying in Minnesota, Duluth states cats are not allowed to fall asleep in a bakery.
- Barber, North Carolina have prohibited fights between cats and dogs.
- In Columbus, Georgia, cats cannot yowl after 9 PM.
- Sterling, Colorado takes a firm stance on cats. There, a pet cat may not run loose without a taillight.